The Free Clinic of Powhatan is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization funded by contributions from individuals, businesses, churches, community/civic organizations, and foundations and in-kind support from such organizations as Bon Secours, HCA, Powhatan County, and Powhatan County Health Department. The Clinic receives no government funding or insurance reimbursement. Therefore, the Clinic must continually raise funds to meet its mission.
Ways to Donate
If you’d like to help the Free Clinic of Powhatan provide health care to the County’s uninsured or underinsured, low-income adults, you can do so in several ways:
- You can contribute to the Free Clinic of Powhatan any time by mailing a check payable to the Free Clinic of Powhatan. Our address is 2320 Skaggs Road, Powhatan VA 23139. We also accept online donations via PayPal or credit card. Simply click on the button below to get started.
- You may want to consider donating appreciated stock. If you have owned the stock for over a year and its value has appreciated, donating stock shares directly to the Free Clinic of Powhatan allows you to not only support the Clinic, but also avoid paying the capital gains tax, which you would pay if you sold the stock and then wrote a check to the Free Clinic of Powhatan.
- To make a stock donation, please have your financial advisor contact the Free Clinic of Powhatan at 804-598-5637.
- Many employers match either a portion of or all of their employees’ charitable donations to nonprofit organizations. Please check with your employer’s Human Resources Department about this option.
Coordinated Giving Campaign
The Free Clinic of Powhatan participates in the following community giving campaign:
- United Way Local Government & Schools Campaign
Gifts in Honor or Memory of Someone
- You can donate money to the Free Clinic of Powhatan in honor of or in memory of special people in your life. For honorarium and memorial gifts, the Free Clinic of Powhatan can send an acknowledgment to the recipient if the person’s name and contact information are provided.
- You could consider including the Free Clinic of Powhatan in your will. If you do, please let us know. This gift will have a lasting impact on helping the Free Clinic of Powhatan.
- White copier paper
- Colored copier paper
- Manila file folders (letter size)
- Scotch tape
- White out
- Toner cartridge (call for specific number)
- Bottles of water
- Packs of snack crackers or granola bars
Help with a Fundraiser
The Clinic has several fundraisers each year and always needs help with them. For information regarding volunteering, contact Betsy Blandford, Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding fundraisers or would like further information about these various giving options, please contact Connie Moslow at (804) 598-5637.
Thank You for Your Donation
We are grateful for our donors and the support they provide in helping the Clinic meet its mission. The Clinic would not exist without the generosity of our donors. Please know that your contribution will be well used – for every $1 donated, 84¢ goes to provide medical services. Your gift to the Free Clinic impacts patients’ lives and changes them for the better.