UPDATE ON THE FREE CLINIC OF POWHATAN
These procedures are temporary and will apply only during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Free Clinic of Powhatan is open. If you are a current patient, we are conducting phone visits only, providing labs on an as needed basis, and refilling medications. Please call us at 804-598-5637 to schedule a phone visit or if you have any questions.
- Registrations and recertifications are being conducted by phone at the present time. If you have any questions or want to register for the Clinic, please call the Clinic at (804) 598-5637.
- For current patients, eligibility has been extended for three months from the eligibility expiration date. You will be contacted to schedule a phone visit for your recertification.
- Please note that the Free Clinic of Powhatan does not offer COVID-19 testing.
We continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and will revise our procedures accordingly. If you have any questions, please contact the Free Clinic of Powhatan at (804) 598-5637.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we try to keep everyone healthy and safe.
For updates on COVID-19, please visit the CDC website: http://www.coronavirus.gov/
The CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions, especially handwashing, to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds (sing “Happy Birthday” twice), especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your face (e.g. eyes, nose, and mouth).
- Stay home when you are sick (do not go to work or out into the public)
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue. Immediately throw the tissue in the trash and then wash for hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If a tissue is not available, sneeze into your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Practice social distancing (keep 6 feet from other people)